Sunday, August 31, 2008

August 31th

Since we have been here I and a few Fijians have been working hard to finish several projects. Its a remarkable thing they are doing in regard to development. Its really quite a vision. Yesterday Solo, the national missionary here, and I looked over the land of future development. Hesaid to me this is where we will build 40 more burry's(houses). It was thick jungle with steep grades. I was overwhelmed to think of the great work left to do here. When we first arrived Mark, the missionary here, took me up to the school house and then the burry's as everyone else was on tour to show me what they were needing accomplished. They have some paid carpenter's on campus but they are still learning. So I built stairs in a burry and stairs at the school house. It was very satisfying for me to do this and they so appreciated it! On of the girl's burry's is almost finished and I really wanted to accomplish a few things in it. The girl is very sweet her name is Solote. The first day we talked about her counter top and she was very excited about the vision for it. I really wanted to bless her by doing it before we left, but I was taken off that job to build much needed stairs on the schoolhouse. We built a large platform and stairs with a large hip roof over both. It involved four very large and heavy telephone like posts 25 feet tall. As we went to get them we quickly realised we were not moving them without more help so the men on the team pitched in to help set them in place. We got to a point on the roof were the local carpenter's could finish it. I ended up telling Solote I was sorry I could not do her counter tops for her. She said it was okay because the schoolhouse was more important. Anyway today I was able to set up some lights up in the burry and finish the counter tops. It will be a surprise to Solote. They are all so appreciative of everything we do here.
-Rob

1 comment:

Jaden`s Mom said...

We are really happy that God is opening door for you guys and for them to receive help for spiritually and any other way we can help.
Take care of each other guys, and come back SAFE and with LOTS of Exciting things to tell us all about :)
We will kepp you in our prayers for protection and vision while there and when you are flying back!

BTW: Here it is a tiny bit cooler, and Pastor Brian did an awesom job teaching.

HAVE FUN!!!!! And GO FIJI TEAM, GO!!!!
Love, Judit and Ric