Friday, May 15, 2009

Closing Thoughts

What can be said about our time here. Heavy ... Introspective ... Life ... Spiritual ... Miraculous ... Special ... Anxious ... all of those things to varying degrees. Coming through this experience the second time through has been very similar to the first ..... and different. Similar in that I've come to love everything about this place, even to a greater degree. Different in that God's purpose for bringing me here changed this time through. Either way, God has spoken loudly to me and to our team. And I've found that my family has grown to include others I've only known in part. Now I know them intimately. I can only pray that I was as much an encouragement as they have been to me.

Although I'm personally sad that we are coming back after what seems to be such a short time, I'm ready to be home. I want to kiss and hug Misty. I want to stare into her eyes and talk about the deep things the Lord has revealed to me while we've been apart. I want to "Love attack" Rylin and Emmy to the Ground, kissing and hugging and laughing. Daddy's got a spikey face right now so that'll be really fun. I can't wait to tell stories while laying on the trampoline before bed-time talking about how the Lord has designed everything above us to be just another testimony of His presence; That while I was away I stared at the same sky thinking of them and wishing they were here running around without shoes, mud on thier face and in their hair, without care or concern for anything but the moment. I think they woulda given Joti, Lucy, Bree, Mere, Salote, Joe, Joeli, and Filipe an run for their money. Maybe some day.

Ok, Ok, enough of the poetry. You get the point. Pray for me and us as we process the "What now" for each of us.

I can't wait for testimony Sunday on the 24th. Oh yeah, and yes, you can be sure that all the men now have Cane Knives and we're not afraid to display them!

Love you all. Thank you for following us with your concern and with your prayer and with your attention. See you soon!!!

1 comment:

ray said...

Yo Yo Mat,

Hey it's your brother from another mother. Hope all is well with you and your family. We truly enjoyed our time with you and the team. Interesting how God put all of us here together to learn from one another. We miss you guys, the g-house is quiet w/o any chicken antics. I personally look forward to "being" with my brothers and sisters in the Lord. We found a few items, Rob's daily planner and a t-shirt from Jack's. I will have them on my return. Thanks again for letting us share each of you all and I pray God will make it very clear what each person should do next. Take care and see you soon.