Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's truly been amazing to see the beautiful spirit of the girls. It breaks my heart that the very people that were supposed to protect them in most cases were the ones that violated that them. I praise God for the ones that have come to know Him in spite of all those violations!

For the past two days I have been working in a small group with the Indian girls. It's such a different dynamic with these girls (where as the Fijian girls are outgoing and funny) ... however, the Indian girls are very reserved and new to Homes of Hope as well! One of the girls, Puga, just arrived a week ago and is 8 months pregnant. She has been extremely quiet, but I can feel the Lord pulling on her! These girls for the most part have no idea about God and Christianity. It has been imperative to build a relationship with them since what I was about to tell them would change forever what they don't know! Over the past two days I shared my testimony and explained the fall of man, the some of the gospel of Mark, and led them in the sinners prayer Monday and Tuesday. Only the Lord knows their hearts! After we joined with the other group, Puga said to me "I really would like to learn to read and write." AHHHH!!! Just her trusting me enough to say that was such an encouragement! I am going to be working with her during some free time to teach her what I can. Obviously, I know I cannot teach her in only a couple days. But, it invites me into some one on one time with her that I am really looking forward to tomorrow! There are some others girls I really feel connected to as well, Milly, Litia, and Loretta.

The one common thread I can see thus far is these girls have had every type of trust broken ... all these things happening to them that THEY cannot control! So, they just want to control whatever they can control even if it means self destructive behaviors. My prayer for them is that they allow the Lord to break the chains and give Him control of their lives! I pray they lay their lives down before the Lord and let Him put the pieces together. Homes of Hope is absolutely the Lord providing for these girls a new hope that our Father in Heaven will never fail you! Genesis 22:14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which mean "the Lord will provide"). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: "On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided."

In His name,
Auntie Courtney DS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, great updates Courtney. That was so awesome to read about Puga. It sounds like everyone is having a really awesome time.

Can someone relay this story to Rob Day? Sunday morning my wife watched his kids for a couple of hours. When Jade saw what we had on TV (Spongebob), she said "we are not allowed to watch this." I thought that was cute and good of her to tell us the truth.

Speaking of Sunday..I loved seeing you guys do the announcements from Fiji. That was awesome.

Thanks for the updates. I really enjoy reading them, and seeing what you are up to. Keep them comin.

God Bless,
Dan

Unknown said...

Father I thank you for every man and woman who answered the call that you had for them. May their lives never be the same as they are touched by your Spirit. Fill them with your love and your compassion as they reach out and touch every life that their path crosses and thank you for blessing them with the feeling that comes from serving you.

In Your Name
Ellie