Saturday, September 4, 2010

Saturday - Day 1


Hello Mission and COC,

Tony Howe here, just an opening letter to let you know we landed and with just a few hiccups, we arrived with everything we packed. A Bible verse was given to me by a friend, “The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from the darkness for the prisoners (Isaiah 61:1).” This is what we came to do with God’s power and your support we have literally put boots on the ground. We are moving as the body of Christ to support these girls and this ministry.

While we sat at LAX, Pastor Mat asked each of us about our expectations and the overwhelming response was to serve God and these women in whatever way God saw fit. The key is that unanimously we wanted to do this WITHOUT expectations. We, Team Fiji (COC and Mission) have come with a heart to serve. We’ve come to serve the Lord. We’ve come to spread the light. We’ve come to help build his Kingdom. We’ve come because you cared enough to send us. Keep HOH, the leaders, the girls and the teams in your prayers. Thank you for your gifts and prayers, both are necessary to continue the work that we started. What started as a vision has grown into a reality with support spreading like wildfire. God’s will is being done on earth as it is in heaven. We love you all and thank you.

To God be the glory,
Tony

p.s. here is a little something from my first trip journal entries.
Being here I’m unsure of my level of faith. “ I want what they have” is what consumes my thoughts… I am hungry to be fed and I’m finding food. I am searching for my path and I’m being led. I’m looking through the dark and finding the light. I’m looking for redemption and I’m truly finding my redeemer.
Hey all, Tony had several more pictures for me to post for you all but the internet connection is not permitting this to happen right now. I will attemt to post the pictures he had for me in the morning. Sorry about that... Marcus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord you arrived safe!! I know you will come to love everyone there as much as I have come to love them. Going back last time was like going home to see family. They are all precious!! You will be blessed & be a blessing. Love Nancy B