Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 4 Fiji 2010



Day 4...The men are hard at work laying brick and concrete for the guesthouse. It's 9 am here and they're already hard at it. Pastor Mat fell yesterday and is headed to the hospital for x-rays on his arm. We are all praying it's not broken, please join us in prayer. But he's in good spirits and we know that God is going to use him wherever He needs him this week, as with all of us. Courtney seems to have some sort of stomach bug as well and is resting in faith of her healing. Please pray for her as well and that the rest of the team stays in good health.
Mere and Bre, two of the little girls, just joined me and are going to help me write my blog this morning. :) Courtney and i spent the day yesterday with all the kids as they are on holiday from school and their moms are still working. I can tell all that last night we were more tired than the day before when we were laying brick. Courtney led us all in Uni (short for university, basically a Bible study) yesterday. It was an amazing time with the women here and Court did an awesome job. We spent the evening planting cabbage in the garden here. It was an amazing quite time and one of the mothers actually rededicated her life to Christ right there on the hill!
Fiji is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It doesn't compare to anything I've seen in any movie. We've been here 3 days and i still catch myself drifting off and starting at the hillside. But there's a darkness here that you can feel...these women and children have been through unbelievable injustices and suffered things we cannot fathom. This campus is a ray of light for these women. They have so little here and are so thankful for the blessings that they have been given. It makes me appreciate my own blessings, but also makes me realize how much of the world is so desperately in need. I'm so thankful that I am able to be a part of this...I only wish I could do more.
-Carrie-

1 comment:

George Farrell said...

Awesome job, Folk, you are in my daily prayers. I heard the PM's arm is not broken, praise God!

The pics seem to make it more real that you are there, and it helps us back home to share in your experiences, thanks Heather.

Love you guys!