Thursday, September 9, 2010

Friday - Day 7

Post from Shanna Cicero

It’s Friday morning here in Fiji and as we pack our bags to head home, it is pouring rain. We spent our morning devotion time wrestling with the question “where do we go from here”? I am a bundle of mixed emotions today. Knowing I will see my two beautiful boys very soon is extremely comforting yet I know I will also be leaving a little piece of my heart here in the jungle.

To steal a line from Dr. Gary Smalley, “Life is all about relationships, the rest is just details.” As a team we have built relationships with each other. We’ve laughed and cried and shared our stories. We’ve challenged each other and encouraged one another in our journey towards God’s heart. I think I speak for everyone here when I say we’ve bonded with these women and their children. Their playful spirit and commitment to creating a better life for their babies is both humbling and encouraging. Most importantly, we have all grown in our relationship with Jesus Christ. Although an ocean separates Homes of Hope from Arizona, we are all part of the same family. Our story begins with God and ends with God. Psalm 18:30-32 “As for God, His way is perfect. The word of the Lord is tried. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. For who is God but the Lord and who is a rock except our God. The God who girds me with strength and makes my way perfect.”

Thanks to everyone here at Homes of Hope for making our stay such an unforgettable experience. Thanks to everyone on this team for putting up with my sarcasm and keeping me on my toes. Thanks to our all our friends and family back home for supporting us and keeping us in your prayers. We will be home very soon!

No comments: