Saturday, September 11, 2010

Saturday - Day 8

Post from Robin McKenzie

Wow... it's unbelievable to think that our week in Fiji has come to an end! It went by so fast!! What an amazing experience the Lord has blessed us with. When I look back on what we accomplished and the relationships that we developed, I am truly in awe.

As I am sitting here writing this blog, the word that keeps coming to my mind is hope. Hope is what I saw this week and hope is what I'm taking home with me. Romans 5: 3-5 says "...and we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." The women in Homes of Hope have suffered in ways that I can't even comprehend and yet they have such joy. It's truly inspiring.

I just want to thank everyone who supported us and prayed for us while we were in Fiji acting out our faith. I look forward to sharing the hope we have in Jesus!

"...put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing Love and with him is redemption." (Psalms 130:7)

No comments: